Saturday 31 December 2016

New Year, New Goals

Have you ever felt like you were take one step forward and two steps back?

As I reflect on my professional journey this past year I am realizing that this resonates with me. I find whenever I visit my blog to write a new post I stare at the screen and think, "I don't have anything to write about, everything is still the same".

2016 has had it's moments; attending the first National Symposium for Dance and Well-Being in Canada, receiving qualifying status with the CRPO and facilitating some wonderful programs through Art With A Heart Inc. However when I look at my goals for 2016, there are many that have been left uncrossed.

The last couple of weeks I have begun to think about what goals I'd like to set for 2017. I have begun to read "Playing Big" by Tara Mohr (and would highly recommend it to any women struggling to find their professional voice or form their professional identity). Keeping in mind what I have read so far, this year when setting my goals I'm going to break them into smaller goals that are more attainable, building blocks to create the bigger goals.

Goal #1: Be more diligent in writing blog posts.

Goal #2: Focus on the steps forward, acknowledge them however small they may seem.

What professional goals are you setting this New Year's? Have you broken them down into smaller stepping stones to get there?

Here's to 2017 and what steps it may bring, however big they may be!




No comments:

Post a Comment